- Spiritual Sundays - songs of a spiritual nature.
- Covers Monday - since everyone hates getting out from under the covers on Monday, I decided to feature covers of songs made famous by others.
- Traditional Tuesdays - songs that are either traditional or were influenced by traditional styles. These influences could be from a variety of traditional genres including the blues, Celtic, English folk music, Zydeco, and ect.
- Wednesdays - no specific theme exists for this day.
- TV Thursdays - songs that have been featured as TV themes or themes to TV commercials.
- Fun Fridays - the wacky, strange, and unusual.
- Saturdays - like Wednesdays, anything goes
If you happen to stumble upon this blog, my hope is that you will enjoy the music I have rediscovered and recently discovered.
Since some may wonder what expertise I have in this area, I will state that I have 20 years experience as a radio programmer; play about a dozen musical instruments (adequately - I'm no virtuoso); played in bands; worked as a session musician; placed among the winners in five national "pick the hits" competitions; and have been awarded 7 platinum albums, 3 gold albums, 1 platinum single, 3 gold singles, and an international sales award from various record companies for contributing to the success of these recordings. While none of this really qualifies me for anything, I hope it will provide a perspective on the music that you will appreciate.
Enjoy - Jim Owston.