Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blondie: One Way Or Another

Usually I have my week planned in advance, but I saw the latest promo for the new TNT show “Rizzoli & Isles” last night and I decided to feature the song utilized in the ad. Debbie Harry and Blondie's “One Way or Another” - the second single from their third LP, “Parallel Lines.”

As the follow-up to the #1 smash “Heart of Glass,” “One Way or Another” was only released as a single in North America. Elsewhere, the song “Sunday Girl” from the same album was its second single. “One Way or Another” peaked at 24 during early 1979.

I remember it well as I had only just started working at Ashland, Kentucky’s WAMX two months previous when this record was released. Ah yes, fond memories of the beginning of my top-40 career.



“Rizolli & Isles,” starring Angie Harmon (ex “Law & Order) and Sasha Alexander (ex “NCIS”), premiers this coming Monday on TNT.



No comments:

Post a Comment