Thursday, August 25, 2011

Queen: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

This was one of those busy weeks where I haven’t thought much about what I was going to feature on Reading Between the Grooves – that is, except Monday’s post on The Zombies’ “She’s Not There.” I had run out of commercial tunes and hadn’t heard anything exciting on TV that I wanted to feature, that is until Monday evening.

When I got home from work that night, the family was watching Dr. Who and it was the episode that contained Amy’s wedding where the raggedy Doctor returns during the reception. He dances wildly to that great rockabilly number recorded by Queen – “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.”


I loved this tune from the first time I played it at WAMX in 1979. It was a number one record in the US, Australia, and The Netherlands. It peaked at #2 in the UK, Ireland, and New Zealand. The single was certified gold in the US and UK. Brian May is not playing his signature home-made guitar on this tune, but rather a Fender Telecaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment