Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rory Gallagher: Cradle Rock

Well the official anniversary of this blog is on Monday, I started this blog on the fourth Saturday in September 2009. The song I chose that first day came from one of my favorite live albums – Rory Gallagher’s “Irish Tour ‘74.” I chose the cut “Million Miles Away.”


Today’s bubbling under track comes from the same album and features that same classic line-up: Rory Gallagher on guitar and vocal, Rod deArth on drums, Gerry McAvoy on bass, and Lou Martin on Keyboards. Today’s selection is the first cut on the album and it was my introduction to Rory Gallagher as it was my first album by this guitar legend.

Digitally Remastered Version


I am featuring several versions of the song. The first is a better audio quality cut of “Cradle Rock.”



Live Film Recording


Essentially the same cut as above only accompanied by Tony Palmer’s film of the performance. The audio is not as good as above, but it does show Rory in his finest form – live.



Studio Recording


Here’s the original version of “Cradle Rock” from Rory’s 1973 studio album “Tattoo.”



Long live Rory Gallagher.

No comments:

Post a Comment