Saturday, December 1, 2012

Blue Thumb: Run You Off The Hill

Being that today is my birthday, I thought it fitting that I feature a track from a Blue Thumb album that I received in 1971 for my birthday. It was the third album by the Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation and was titled “To Mum, From Aynsley and the Boys.”


As a drummer, the band's namesake Aynsley Dunbar has played with numerous bands over the years.  These have included the likes of John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, The Jeff Beck Group, Blue Whale, the Mothers of Invention, Journey, Jefferson Starship, and Whitesnake.


Our final tribute to Blue Thumb Records is the blues cut, “Run You off the Hill.” The vocals on this track are from Victor Brox who has a voice well suited for the blues. The nice guitar leads are provided by John Moorshead and keyboards are played by Tommy Eyre. The rhythm section contains Dunbar and bassist Alex Dmochowski. The album was produced by John Mayall. “To Mum, From Aynsley and the Boys” was released in 1969.











2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday sir! Sorry...I just got around to listening to your last few posts and missed your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...by the way I've been a fan of Dunbar since his time spent with Frank.

    ReplyDelete