Monday, June 28, 2010

Paul Young: Tainted Love

I know what you are thinking, "Oh no, not another version of "Tainted Love!" Well I wrestled with this decision all weekend on whether I should give “Tainted Love” a third feature day; however, I found myself singing the song all weekend. It is infectious.

By featuring two versions by Soft Cell on Thursday and three by Gloria Jones on Friday, I could not get this tune out of my head. Therefore, I am going to subject you to yet another rendition of the song. Today’s cover is done by Paul Young in a big band swing genre that is akin to “Old Blue Eyes’” recordings.



From the 2006 US release of “Rock Swings (on the Wild Side of Swing),” Paul Young takes a variety of songs and reshapes them into a swinging jazz feel. This is one of my favorite songs from the CD along with Young’s renditions of Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” and George Harrison’s “Isn’t it a Pity.” Young, as you may or may not remember, had a number one record in 1985 – “Everytime You Go Away,” which was a cover of a Hall and Oates tune from several years earlier.

It just goes to show that good music can transcend all boundaries.





No comments:

Post a Comment