Sunday, September 30, 2012

Midge Ure: Dear God

Today’s Spiritual Sunday’s selection will be the last in that category for a while, as I am retiring the daily category. This is one of the two categories that have been around since the beginning of the blog and specifically it was the lowest ranked category by my visitors in the most recent survey. Beginning tomorrow with October 1, I am making some sweeping changes in our categories by eliminating the lower ranked categories.

While Tasty Licks Tuesday, One-Hit Wonder Wednesdays, Friday Flipsides, and Saturday’s Bubbling Under feature will remain; other days will change. Monday’s selection will become Media Monday and will be an extension of TV Thursday with the addition of songs from motion pictures. Thursdays will offer Thursday Repeats and Threepeats, and Sunday will give me an opportunity to feature a variety of music.

Our song today is a song of doubt and searching and is sung by the former lead singer of Ultravox, Midge Ure. The song is a prayer from an individual who does not have a relationship with a Supreme Being and is asking for various virtues.



Released in 1988 from his “Answers to Nothing” album, “Dear God” charted as a single in the US at #95; however, it did better on the specialized charts. It placed at #6 on the Mainstream Rock chart and at #4 on the Alternative Music chart. The song sounds like it could have been performed by his previous band Ultravox.  The guitars, keyboards, and vocals are all handled by Ure.







1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete