Sunday, March 7, 2010

Angelo Kelly: Rejoice And Be Glad

Let me first apologize for not having an album post yesterday, but it has been such a hectic week that I just didn’t feel like writing. So I am back at it this morning with a brief analysis of a song for a Spiritual Sunday feature: “Rejoice and Be Glad” by Angelo Kelly.



Angelo is playing the Irish bouzouki on this tune and honestly I found his music by searching for Irish bouzouki music. If you may remember, I featured Angelo in December with his rocking, “Smile for the Picture.”

I am not sure what bouzouki tuning Angelo is using on this piece that comes directly from the Beatitudes; however, this will not be the only Sunday feature I have of his. Although he is largely unknown in the United States, he has huge followings in Europe and several of his numbers are Christian themed. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment