Monday, July 25, 2011

Kaiser Chiefs: Modern Way

I discovered the Kaiser Chiefs by accident a few years ago and have enjoyed their music ever since. Although they have not enjoyed the same success in the US as they have in their native UK, I find many of their songs refreshing. If you read between the lines there, you will get the gist that I don’t like everything they have released – and I don’t; so, I am not ready to drink the Kool-Aid yet.


But the songs I do like, such as today’s “Modern Way” and “Ruby,” I consider masterpieces. I think the bass and the wood block makes this song. The hook in the chorus is also catchy and it is an interesting video. “Modern Way” was the fourth and final single from the band’s debut LP, “Employment”; it peaked on the UK charts at 11. It never placed on Billboard’s Hot 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment