Sunday, April 28, 2013

IRS Records: The Stand

Due to the passing of Richie Havens and George Jones this past week, I am a little off with my Fourth Week Label Special on I.R.S. Records. Typically, I try to feature seven records from a particular label from Sunday through Saturday; however, with the circumstances, I am adding an extra Sunday post in order to have at least six representations from the label of distinction.


Our final I.R.S. cut comes from 1983 and was an uncharting single that eventually was released on The Alarm’s LP “Declaration” as an edited version. “The Stand’s” post-apocalyptic lyrics were inspired by Stephen King’s novel with the same title.

The song was authored by Eddie MacDonald, Mike Peters, and Dave Sharp. Mike Peters sang lead and played harmonica on the tune.



No comments:

Post a Comment