Sunday, November 22, 2009

Casting Crowns: Lifesong

It's Spiritual Sunday and today’s feature is a live version of the title cut from Casting Crowns’ album “Lifesong.” I love the guitar on this one as it reminds me of The Edge from U2. It really drives. I hope you enjoy it.



This single and album were colossal hits for the band. Formed in 1999, Casting Crowns has had phenomenal success. While their latest album “Until the Whole World Hears” was released this week, all but one of the band's seven previous albums was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for attaining one million copies sold. The remaining LP, “Peace on Earth” – the band’s Christmas album, achieved gold status for selling at least 500 thousand copies.

Studio Version



In addition, Casting Crowns has had two albums in Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart's top ten. “Lifesong” charted at 9 and “The Altar and the Door” peaked at 2. Four of the band’s five previous studio albums charted at #1 on Billboard’s Christian Album Chart. The debut LP for the band only peaked at #2. The “Lifesong” album was also chosen to be the 2005 Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album Grammy winner.

All of Casting Crowns’ singles have charted in the Top Ten on the Billboard Christian Songs and Hot Christian AC charts. Like many of their songs, the “Lifesong” single simultaneously placed at number one on both charts.
 
Lyrics

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You

No comments:

Post a Comment