Monday, November 8, 2010

Elliot Murphy: Wild Horses

As with every Monday, I feature a cover of a well known song by someone else. Today’s cover song is the interpretation of the Rolling Stone’s song “Wild Horses” by Elliot Murphy. Murphy is joined by Olivier Durand on acoustic lead guitar. This performance was simulcast on Spanish radio and television.



Rolling Stones Original


The first version of “Wild Horses” to be recorded was the Rolling Stones’ version from the 1971 LP “Sticky Fingers.” Written primarily by Keith Richards, he and Mick Taylor both play acoustic guitar with Richards’ guitar being high-strung (i.e., Nashville tuning). Along with the LP’s other single “Brown Sugar,” “Wild Horses” showed up simultaneously on the greatest hits package “Hot Rocks” on London Records. This occurred because the Stones’ former manager Allen Klein co-owned the songs’ rights with the band.



Flying Burrito Brothers’ Version


While the Stones initially recorded “Wild Horses” in 1969, their friend Gram Parsons asked the band permission to release it first. His band, The Flying Burrito Brothers, released the song in 1970 on their second LP “Burrito Deluxe.” This early version of the song led some to speculate that Parsons and not Jagger and Richards actually penned the tune.


3 comments:

  1. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of ouar stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete