Monday, November 15, 2010

Incubus: I Can't Explain

Last night I was looking for a cover of one of The Who’s songs and I stumbled on Incubus’ version of “I Can’t Explain.” This recording was from VH-1’s tribute to The Who and was recorded in July 2008. Other bands that appeared at this tribute show included the Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, and The Flaming Lips. I am skeptical about anyone who covers a Who tune, but will admit that Incubus does a bang up job on this 60s classic.



The Who’s Original

While “I Can’t Explain” was the first single issued under the band’s name The Who, they had previously released the single “Zoot Suit” under the name of the High Numbers. While their version was a top ten hit in the UK, it barely scratched the surface of the Hot 100 in the US where it only charted at #93. Even Pete Townsend who wrote the song confessed that it sounded much like their contemporaries The Kinks. Now that he mentions it, it does.



1 comment:

  1. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of ouar stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

    ReplyDelete