Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Sacred Shakers: I'm Gonna Do My Best

When I featured Eilen Jewell a few weeks back, I discovered that she divides her time between her solo career and with the traditional gospel band “The Sacred Shakers.” This Boston based band emerged from a series of Sunday afternoon gospel jam sessions. Unrelated to the long extinct religious movement the Shakers, The Sacred Shakers is comprised of the following individuals:

Jason Beek - drums, vocals
Daniel Fram - acoustic guitar, vocals
Greg Glassman - acoustic guitar, vocals
Eilen Jewell - acoustic guitar, vocals
Daniel Kellar - violin
Jerry Miller - electric & acoustic guitar
Eric Royer - banjo, vocals
Johnny Sciascia - upright bass



“I’m Gonna Do My Best” is the lead cut from their only solo album and I could listen to this type of music all day long. Our featured video is a live rendition of this tune from March 2009 for River TV.




No comments:

Post a Comment