From his 2009 DVD “Live at Last,” Stevie and company do a rousing version of this classic Corea composition. The song begins with Victoria Theodore on keyboards with a sound of Chick Corea’s Fender Rhodes piano. She is then joined by Stevie Wonder on chromatic harmonica. It really is a nice mix.
Then the band joins into the mix and one can immediately tell that to play in Stevie Wonder’s band you have to be a stellar musician. Then one by one, in this nearly 12 minute live performance from London, each member of the band takes a verse for a solo. The band includes the following members:
- Ryan Kilgore, tenor saxophone
- Errol Cooney, guitar
- Roman Johnson, keyboards – who plays like he’s playing an old monophonic synth using the pitch bend wheel.
- Dwight Adams, trumpet
- Kyle Bolden, guitar
- Munyungo Jackson, timbales
- Victoria Theodore, keyboards
- Nathan Watts, bass
- Fausto Cuevas, congas
- Stevie Wonder, acoustic piano
- Stanley Randolph, drums
Then the band finishes out this number. What a great version of this song.