Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Alison Krauss: Can't Find My Way Home

I stumbled on Alison Krauss’ rendition of Blind Faith’s “Can’t Find My Way Home.” Being that this Steve Winwood composition is one of my favorite songs, I had to check it out. Like most covers of this song, I love it. Krauss’ interpretation appears on the “Crossing Jordan” soundtrack and I’m sure I heard this on the show as I watched the program religiously when it ran from 2001 to 2007.


The mix between acoustic and electric instruments give Krauss’ version a perfect balance. Noticeable in the playback is an upright bass, an acoustic guitar, a Dobro®, a vibraphone, and an electric piano. While it sounds like a Wurlitzer piano is being used, there are enough samplers on the market that it doesn’t necessarily have to be the real thing. Though this is a cover and not the real thing, it is worth a listen or six or seven.




No comments:

Post a Comment