Friday, May 25, 2012

The Bee Gees: I Can't See Nobody

Since the passing of Robin Gibb this week, I thought I would feature one of his “B” sides as our Friday Flipside. Despite the obvious grammatical error, The Bee Gees “I Can’t See Nobody” has an excellent arrangement and it features lead vocals by Robin Gibb.


The song was flip of the band’s first American single “New York Mining Disaster 1941” that charted at 14 in the US. It was a top fifteen hit in most countries breaking into the top 10 in Germany and the top five in The Netherlands and New Zealand. “I Can’t See Nobody” failed to chart.



It is a minor key number that showcases Robin’s talent and his unique voice. The single was released in 1967 and appeared on the LP “The Bee Gees’ 1st.” The album title was a misnomer as The Bee Gees had previously released two other albums in Australia: “Barry Gibb and The Bee Gee’s [sic] Sing and Play 14 Barry Gibb Songs” and “Spicks and Specks.”





No comments:

Post a Comment